Follow me on Twitter!

Tuesday 30 June 2009

The Chikenz is away

The Chikenz has gone to meditate. This happens about 2-3 times a year I guess. Usually for a weekend, but this time it's for a whole week. As a result, Spike and I are playing bachelors. Last night we went for our walk, drank beer, ate take-away and watched TV. Life is good.

I'm still reading the Hitchens book. Last night read an essay on Michael Moore, one on the teaching of history and another on his travels on Route 66. This morning I read some more on the train. He really is a tremendous writer. He has this implacable, rational approach to whatever subject he approaches. At times, I disagree with his position, but his arguments are so well made, his opinions are so well expressed, that I can't help but admire him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make a comment!