Follow me on Twitter!

Sunday 13 June 2010

The Housewarming

The Housewarming has been run and done and there are some photos below.

Many thanks to everyone that came along and thank you for your kind gifts.

Couple of people deserve special thanks. On the third row down of the photos (just under the photo of the St Hugo's) is Sophie, who was the number one assistant hostess for the day and did a sterling job. Just under her, in the middle of Akino and I is Orie, who cooked all the Japanese style finger food (and the cheesecake) that appear to have been a great success.

Richard, who did all the cooking is there too. If you didn't figure it out, Richard is the one that crashed a helicopter into a swimming pool. Thank you Richard! and second from the bottom is Andrew Brown sharing his three witty stories.

Right now I am nursing a mild hangover and wondering what I am going to do with quite an astonishing amount of leftover steaks and bread rolls, so I apologise if this post is not up to the usual standard.

Hope everyone had a good time and that you can all come back in a few years time for the renovation-completion party!

5 comments:

  1. You're clearly mistaken, I only have 2 witty stories and 1 slightly amusing anecdote (which I can't remember anymore anyway). Glad to see you had a good night though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have been totally trashed...I thought there were five.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a ball! Loving your new pad. Wondering how many people worked out that it was me who set my husbands couch on fire. Love you long time.

    Princess Leia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very happy to hear that everybody (except one) had a great time. There was much discussion over who had done what and by the end of the party I was making up wild stories about the exploits of just about everyone. I think it went too far when I claimed that Sophie was the Prime Minister of Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not counting me as the (except one) are you? I had a great time - but was hesitant to comment in case it went to your head, and your eclectic (recognise that word?) collection of hats no longer fit, thus forcing you to create a vestibule for retired headware.

    ReplyDelete

Please make a comment!