Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday 7 October 2009

In Ueno

As I type this, I’m sitting in a cafe in Shinjuku drinking outrageously expensive coffee (about AUD$8.00 for a cup of filter coffee). We arrived in Tokyo last night and it’s been raining pretty much since we got here. Despite this, we’ve spent much of today roaming around Tokyo. I’ve come to Shinjuku to visit some of the camera stores, where I’ve found that the prices are not a great deal different to Australia.


We checked into our hotel room in Ueno last night with the foreknowledge that our room was “small but clean”. I can report that this has been highly understated on both counts!


The main room is perhaps 3 meters square. There is a double bed (not a queen) and not much room for anything else. There’s

a bathroom/toilet that is as wide as the room and a bit over 1.5 meters deep. There’s also a small storage area.


Having said all this, it’s cheap for Tokyo at Y8500 per night (a bit over AUD$100) and very clean. It’s right next to Ueno station, so it’s easy to get around and Ueno itself is quite central.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make a comment!